I have found that being a part of a mastermind group allowed me to leap forward with my business. I was able to discover new ways to achieve the same goals but with a guide to draw out my strengths which were inside of me but “I was “too close to see it”. Now, I am where I really want to be and I got there in half the time!
Generally speaking, a mastermind group is a group of like-minded professionals who work together to achieve a particular goal in their own life personally and professionally.
What does a mastermind group look like?
- A group of 5-10 professionals
- These people will be like-minded
- The members of this mastermind group will agree to offer support, encourage one another, bounce ideas off of one another and even promote and support projects for each other when appropriate.
How will members of the mastermind group meet and communicate?
The mastermind groups I’m a part of do most of their communicating via SKYPE and email and my business specifically has a web portal for the group to share ideas and post privately to one another. The web portal allow for specific information to be shared with the group. We meet live – in person–twice– two days at a time.
Are there rules?
Members will receive a general explanation of what the group is hoping to achieve and what’s expected of the members. Personally, I like informal without a lot of rules because it leaves a lot more room for genuine relationship.
What do we do in a mastermind group?
All mastermind groups work differently, but in the ones I’m a part of, we include the following to our program:
- Brainstorm ideas.
- Share victories and defeats.
- Ask for help promoting your services, products, ideas, etc.
- Want to discover new profit centers in your practice? We will discuss this!
- Our mastermind group will meet at a location in a calm but scenic environment which is not only relaxing but conducive to growth. Our group will have a light breakfast, light snacks and drinks at the break, a catered lunch, a cocktail hour after one of the two days when we meet live in person.
- We will shoot the breeze and share life.
- Each month members receive a 1:1 personal call with me to discover their current needs to move forward, receive support with any challenges or discuss whatever is on their mind
- We will meet via SKYPE or a conference call each month and we have guests to present topics which all of the group members find informative and valuable for them personally and in line with their goals professionally. These are well known experts in their field such as : New Patients, Marketing, Products for Prevention of Disease and Profits to Your Practice, Communication for “YES” to Case Acceptance, Insurance Billing, and so much more…
For me, mastermind groups have made a huge difference in my success in so many ways and I want to “Pay this forward!”
What about you? Are you currently in a mastermind group? How is this working for you? Any suggestions about mastermind groups?