In the fast-evolving world of dentistry, staying ahead of the curve is crucial for maintaining a successful dental practice. One area that holds immense potential for boosting production and patient satisfaction is smile evaluations. By incorporating a smile evaluation for every dental patient you actively engage patients to understand their desired smile.
This increases the dentist’s opportunity to transform more patient smiles by doing veneers, implants, crowns, bridges, and even replacing old composites. It may be as simple as your patient asking to have whiter brighter teeth.
Today’s blog will share tips about understanding your patient’s desires for their smile and how to more easily move patients from routine services into high-end cosmetic care.
You will also discover how to enhance patient loyalty and increase the overall value of each patient long term.
The Power of a Smile Evaluation
A smile evaluation is more than just a clinical assessment; it’s a personalized journey that allows dentists to understand their patients’ unique desires and goals. The process involves a comprehensive analysis of a patient’s dental structure, facial features, and aesthetic preferences.
Your smile evaluation can be as simple as a brief questionnaire that asks patients to answer simple questions and tell you how they feel about their smile. You can also complete a smile evaluation by asking every patient as you are seating them in the treatment room,
“What is one thing we can do today that will leave you feeling better than ever about your smile?”
- Notice this is an open ended question and not a yes or no answer from your patient.
If you have the technology available cutting-edge technology like digital imaging and 3D modeling, allow hygienists to use this and during the doctor-hygiene exam the dentist can visually demonstrate the potential outcomes of various treatments, empowering patients to make informed decisions about their dental care.
Engage Patients During The Smile Transformation
One of the keys to increase your value per patients is to engage your patient in their dental experience. Asking patients what they want their smile to look like not only fosters a sense of partnership but also allows dentists to tailor treatment plans to meet their patients’ specific aesthetic preferences. This collaborative approach enhances patient satisfaction, as individuals feel heard and valued throughout their dental journey.
Actively involving patients in the decision-making process leads to greater acceptance of comprehensive treatment plans. Patients who have a clear vision of their desired smile are more likely to commit to multiple procedures, contributing to increased production for the dental office.
Understanding Patient Dynamics
It’s important to acknowledge that the landscape of dental patient loyalty is changing. Current data reveals that patients typically don’t remain with a dental office for more than 10 years. This dynamic highlights the importance of consistently delivering exceptional patient experiences and demonstrating the value of long-term care.
While a patient’s tenure may be limited, the potential value they bring to a dental practice over a decade is substantial. With an average expenditure of $10,000 over 10 years, each patient represents a significant revenue stream. This is why maximizing the value of each patient is crucial for long-term practice success.
Increasing the Value of Production Per Patient
Now, let’s address the pivotal question: How can a dental office increase the value of production for each patient?
- Personalized Treatment Plans: Taylor treatment plans to address patients’ specific needs and desires not only improves patient satisfaction but also encourages them to pursue comprehensive procedures that lead to higher production value.
- Communication and Education: Effective communication is the cornerstone of patient engagement. Explaining treatment options, procedures, and potential outcomes in clear, jargon-free language helps patients make informed decisions, fostering trust and loyalty.
- Break it down into words your patient easily understands.
Use words and phrases such as: infection, inflammation, bleeding, hole, pus, etc, etc.
- Technology Integration: Embrace technology like digital smile simulations and intraoral cameras empowers patients to visualize their potential transformations. This interactive experience creates excitement and encourages patients to explore a range of treatments.
- Long-Term Relationship Building: While dental patients may not remain in the same dental office for decades, building strong relationships during their time with your dental practice can lead to referrals and positive online reviews. These factors contribute to new patient acquisition and increased production.
- Membership Plans and Preventive Care: Offering membership plans that include preventive care services can incentivize patients to stay committed to their dental health. The Smile Club can be included as an add-on or upgrade to your current patient membership plans.
- These plans can result in consistent revenue streams while reducing the need for reactive, costly dental care.
- Patient Education Materials: Providing patients with educational materials, both in-person and digitally, ensures they have the information needed to maintain their oral health between visits. Empowered patients are more likely to invest in their dental well-being.
- Continuing Education for the Dental Team: Equip the dental team with the latest knowledge and communication skills to ensure a consistent and exceptional patient experience. Well-informed team members can effectively explain specific dental treatment and the value of ongoing care.
Make sure every team member can speak easily about the benefits of prevention and how this does cost a little money but treating disease is very expensive. Today’s dental profession is all about creating optimal oral health. Optimal oral health leads to a longer, healthier life.
Every team member must be able to share this important message. This message leaves patients with a feeling of kindness and caring about them as a human not pursestrings!
In conclusion, integrating smile evaluations and actively involving patients in their smile transformations can significantly enhance production and patient loyalty.
By adapting to changing patient dynamics, providing personalized experiences, and leveraging technology, dental practices can increase the value of each patient over the long term. Remember, a patient’s smile journey is not just about dental procedures—it’s about creating a positive impact that resonates for years to come.
Dental Practice Solutions has a dental patient reward loyalty system that uses teeth whitening as a “carrot.” Patients are screened with a smile evaluation and given an opportunity to express what they want their smile to look like. 70% of your adult patients, when asked what they want their smile to look like, will respond they want “Whiter teeth!”
You now enroll your patients into The Smile Club which has a nominal fee. Once enrolled, patients understand they must pre-schedule all routine hygiene appointments and call at least 48 hours in advance when they need to change an appointment. When patients are enrolled in the Smile Club and follow the guidelines, at their routine hygiene appointments, they receive one complimentary whitening pen.
At the initial enrollment they leave with a teeth whitening kit. This is an LED blue and red light Cool Light technology mouthpiece with shade guide and a whitening pen. You buy dental grade professional whitening products at wholesale. These products were created by Dental Practice Solutions founder, Debbie Seidel-Bittke. You save an pass along the savings to your patients.
*Teeth whitening is a 6 BILLION Dollar industry but most people are buying their teeth whitening online or in a retail store. Why not ride the wave and tap into this huge profit center in your dental practice?
Ask me how to create a 100k annual net profit center around teeth whitening plust the turn-key system will grow your new patient numbers, increase cosmetic dental services and reduces those last minute cancellations.
Currently, the web portal of information about implementing this patient loyalty-rewards system is no-cost when you click the link here.
* Teeth Whitening Market Outlook: https://bit.ly/10BILby2026